November 11, 2017

Succulents

I might have a slight obsession with succulents and if you ask anyone around me that is definitely an understatement.

I was thinking of a way I could pull inspiration about these little plants and write about them in some kind of way.  I googled succulents and I know you are probably thinking "this girl is crazy!" Which I probably am. But hey, everyone has a little crazy in them. 

Anyway what I found was pretty cool...Other than the fact that they are able to survive incredibly harsh environments, have adapted to hold copious amounts of water, and are very hard to kill. Succulents are often attractive because of their striking and unusual appearance. 

No, I promise this is not a research paper, but the more I read about this, I couldn't help but notice all of the similarities that succulents have to myself and others. And yes I am comparing people to plants, but think about it. Why is everyone so attracted to plants, succulents, or flowers? Because it is familiar.  We have the ability to adapt to our environment even if it may be harsh. We are fighters, we are hard to kill, and we all are striking and beautiful.

The thing that attracts me most to succulents is that they are different. You see, being different is okay. I am learning to be okay with the fact that I am going to utilize the aid of a wheelchair, that I am going to be different. And much like a succulent,  I will still be striking and beautiful. I will always adapt to whatever is thrown my way and I will not be killed easily. I will always fight. Because we are all fighters.

I challenge you to try and relate something that you love or like to everyday life and it's okay if it is random like mine!

Try to see the good in everything.

-M






No comments:

Post a Comment